Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bedroom Kamikaze


Never a dull moment here in Maine. Yesterday we were having a rather quiet day at the house. Cutting & stacking wood, cleaning out the garage, painting the boys room, etc. Natalie, Caroline and Samuel have piano lessons on Saturday afternoon and Annie and I had a few errands to run, so a little after 4 we left. We arrived back at the house a little after 6 with a babysitter since Annie and I had tickets to the UMaine Hockey Game.




Annie went back into our room to get ready and discovered a shattered window and glass literally everywhere. Then she noticed the bird on the ground. Somehow, someway this dumb bird decided to dive bomb our house and smashed through our storm window and a double pane window. Unbelieveable!





We managed to clean up the glass and duct tape some plastic over the window and went to the hockey game anyway.






Just our luck that last night was one of the biggest windstorms since we've moved here. A number of people lost trees and branches. All night long Annie and I listened to the plastic riping out of the window and racing for the duct tape to repair the problem.




Ah, the joys of rural living . . .

After consulting with a couple of my learned colleagues at work, we've been told that the bird is apparently a partridge. One friend at work says they're actually good eating. Personally, I'd rather have one in a pear tree then in my bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. That is CRAZY! We have birds fly into the windows and "hit" the glass, but we've never had one break the glass and make it into the house! And, I think I'm safe to say that they were not partriges! Did you make it to the hockey game??

    ReplyDelete