Monday, January 14, 2013

Life After Bishop?

     As of January 13. 2013, Hans became a retired Bishop.  I never thought this day would come.  Survival mode has been the norm for so long, what do we do?  Now there are no more unit leaders called by Luis Hassell.  Counselors were Brent Elwood, Brad Rand, Bill Meier and Chris Kilgour.   He's on the High Council now--don't know the specifics of that yet.  Gary Frost is his successor with counselors being Glen Hymas and Shawn Thomas.  Hans has mixed feelings about the whole thing.  The rest of us are extatic.  So, yesterday we were all home from church an hour after the last meeting and snacked our heads off, on chips/salsa, nachos, popcorn and other junk food.  Then, mom slaved away on what was supposed to be a nice dinner---which turned into an uncooked blah dinner.  The potatoes were hard carrots not cooked, and the meat tough.  Actually, the rolls and the peach cider were rockin'.  Dad and Caroline played duets on the clarinets, we played guitar and ukelele and sang and played games.  Soren played "Goodnight Ladies" on the Uke, while ice cream sat happy in our tummies.  It was the best Sunday I can remember!

1 comment:

  1. All of us were not extatic. I have mixed feelings too. Belive it or not I actually liked staying after on Fast Sundays for BYC, and having interviews with Dad.

    ReplyDelete